Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lamp Shade or Laundry?

Be productive, that was what I was going to do with this day.  The list was made and I was going to make my way through it.  Both my girls were in school so there was no reason not to get it all done and done well.   I was focused and everything was running smoothly until it was time to pick up the mail.   The post office is located right next door to our local thrift store, I like to do a regular "pop" in, because you just never know what you might miss.

                                                      Like this beauty on solid poster board...




I digress.  This lampshade had caught my eye on my past visits and I just couldn't decide if I liked it  or hated it?  It was on sale for $1.00 so my decision was made.




Terra had painted a brass lamp similar to this one during a past project and I have to admit it turned out far better than I ever imagined.  With a few new colors of Liquitex waiting for me at home I decided to pick up this lamp and that is where my productivity came to a screeching halt! 



A couple coats of Liquitex Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue 1, the "old" lampshade in the trash and the "new" one screwed on and I was done!  



 I'm glad I have such a patient husband who comes home to a messy house and supper not quite ready, but just smiles when he sees the "new" light in the bedroom.  

And just to be clear, Billy Ray did not come home with me!  Trash or treasure??  Guess that is a personal opinion.

~A~







No comments:

Post a Comment