Sunday, July 28, 2013
The task: A custom project for a coworker of mine. Her grandfathers dining room table was in need of TLC. She didn't need another dining table, but came up with the great idea of converting to a coffee table for their family room.
Process: Disassemble. Sand top. Cut legs down to a height of 18". Reassemble. Add brackets to sturdy. Stain and oil top. Tape and spray paint legs and apron a charcoal colour. Distress slightly. Seal project and deliver.
Outcome: I am thrilled with the outcome. It's a nice rustic, well worn looking family room coffee table that should hopefully add some charm and function for many more years to come.
Things I've learned: I could never be a surrogate. I fall in love with every Renew project that I complete. I struggle to cough up the finished product every time. My furniture, or others, and this piece was no exception.
Posted by Terra