Thursday, May 2, 2013

Coffee & Chalk

 Last weekend we had a lovely spring day, remember that?  Well the garage door was open, the kids were playing outside and I decided I NEEDED to paint something.  Enter in $10 coffee table from the local thrift store.


 I didn't have a plan for the table at this point, nor did I have a spot for it in my house.  Regardless, it  was getting a makeover.  After digging through my "paint stash" for inspiration, I came out with teal for the legs and Liquitex parchment for the top.  Once the paint was dry I distressed it, but still didn't feel it had reached full potential. 


That's where the chalkboard paint came in.  A couple coats to the top and we have ourselves a fun and functional coffee table!  






Now that was the perfect project to get me back in the swing of Re-new's second season! 


~A~






No comments:

Post a Comment