Friday, January 11, 2013

China Cabinet meets Media Stand

I am going to take you back a bit. Back to one of my very first ReNew projects. Back when I didn't even really know it was a Renewal.

My media stand. I had been looking for something for awhile to fill the space. Something that wasn't your usual cookie cutter, particle board, honey oak media stand. We toyed with the ideas of built-ins, but they were going to be fairly costly.

I finally settled for an old two piece china cabinet on Kijiji. The kind that was an estate inheritance from your grandmother's house style of china cabinet. I fell in in love with the base. Great structure. The top ... Not so much. I went I check it out.

It was exactly as I had pictured. Still loved the base, it also had a matching mirror. The top was as hideous as I had expected with a curved, ornate top and dual glass doors. I asked if he would split the pieces up, and to my shock he agreed. Better yet he knocked the price down to $75 since I was only taking 2/3 of the package. I would still love to know what he did with that top?

I needed some color in my main room. I had an avocado green paint in mind. I gave it a light sand, painted it green and then distressed the edges. I removed the top drawer to free up a space for our media components. Swapped out the pulls. It was love! The mirror found a home in our mud room.

I tend to swap out furniture like the weather changes season, but this is one piece that has always felt like it was in the right place. I have yet to get bored with it even after almost 2 years, its still one of my favorites.

~T~











No comments:

Post a Comment